Friday, July 22, 2016

Welcome To The Anniversary

When I was... A young boy....


My Chemical Romance completely shattered my dreams.


I'm sure all of us former emo kids nearly died of excitement when we first heard the news. In fact, I'm sure we all knew where we were when we found out MCR was getting back together. I was sitting at home when my best friend tagged me in a video on Facebook which shows a flag, with a black cross on it, blowing in the wind. All I hear is the notes at the beginning of "Welcome To The Black Parade". Then... "9/23/16". I couldn't believe it. It was probably the greatest feeling I've had in a long time.



They deleted the break up tweet and the rest was history... Or so we thought. Us fans were hit with the worst possible news... THE BAND IS NOT GETTING BACK TOGETHER. They made a statement on Facebook to explain that there will be no reunion and no tour. There will, however, be a release for the anniversary of The Black Parade. I don't know whether to be hurt or happy for them. I guess I'll try to put the pieces of my heart back together in due time.







BTW, wasn't TBP released October 23, 2006? I'm confused, but the sooner the better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment